Re: New Maintainer

Sylvain LE GALL <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,

> I want to apply this week... Is there anyone interested in my
> application.
>
> I could do two things for this appliance :
> - adopt cameleon
> - package mldonkey ( initscript, manpage, documentation... )

I recall that someone is already working on packaging mldonkey.
Unfortunately, mldonkey *cannot* enter Debian as long as no
change is made to the okey license (QPL) that will make it
GPL compatible (mldonkey is GPL). You need to fix this.

> I know that mldonkey is maybe not a good political solution ( since it
> is a peer to peer application, which is tool for hacker ).
>
> If anyone want to be my AM, please contact me.

You first need an advocate. I don't have a lot of time for
advocacy, but if noone else is available, I'll do it.

Cheer,

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org