Re: Cameleon on sparc

En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:

> > But it is clearly a bug in GCC 3.2. I'm going to mail Ben Collins if
> > you don't mind.
>
> Well, a bug in GCC 3.2, but it could also be a problem in ocaml that
> the
> gcc 3.2 change brought to light. I think gcc 3.2 is more strict in
> what
> it does support.

I doubt it. A bus error is an access to an unaligned address, and
it would have also fail with any other C compiler, and with any other
architectures, unlike x86, that do not allow such memory accesses.

> I have a full ocaml build (upto the problem) on my vore account,
> together with the build log.
>
> Also, please CC me (and the list maybe ?) about this. You could also
> CC
> Xavier, or the 1521 bug in the ocaml bts, altough i don't know how you
> do the latest.

Maybe it would be best that you contact him and file the bug report
since you already have the log.

Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org