Re: Cameleon 1.2 in NEW and future

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 10:31:12PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>>   I'd like to give the package away to someone else (Stefano?).
>
> Well, I'm feeling like one of the reason for this your decision.

You don't have to.

> I've accepted to comaintain cameleon with you, but I've done really few
> work for the cameleon package, sorry :-(

Because I didn't ask you to :-) Don't worry.

> Actually I'm really unable to take over the maintainance of the cameleon
> package, I'm working for my undergraduate thesis and I'm feeling already
> overloaded of Debian work with the packages I'm maintaining in unstable
> and with the woody rebuilt repository.

I understand. Hopefully, someone proposed to help us :-)

> Anyway, if (if!) you like to orphan the cameleon only because you are
> late in releases please reconsider your decision, a delayed release is
> better that a no release!

Well, to be frank, I'd prefer to maintain smaller packages and
applications I'm really using and I haven't used cameleon a lot
so far.
I also want to spend more time on coding activities, packaging
is sometimes a boring task.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org