Re: <pkg>-byte again

En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:17:45AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have the choice between:
> >
> > 2/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte directory
> >    usr/share/doc/<pkg> link to the above
>
> You told me that this will cause problem when you had a native code
> package installed and will replace it by a bytecode version of the
> same
> package, right ? Unless we use the trick you posted for every bytecode
> package there is (and native code package also).
>
> If there trully is a problem, then this is way to heavy.

Ah yes, I only thought of 2 versions of the same package,
not of one package replacing another. But I think you are right.

> > 3/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte directory only
>
> This is what i did right now, It works without problem, but may come
> as
> a surprise for people installing the program on arches not supporting
> it
> and wondering where the documentation went.
>
> > 1/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg> directory
> >    usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte link to the above
>
> I would go for this one.

I tried this one yesterday. I just had to add
dh_link -pocaml-zoggy-byte usr/share/doc/ocaml-zoggy \
        usr/share/doc/ocaml-zoggy-byte

in the install target, hence dh_installchangelogs and others
follow links.

Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org