Re: <pkg>-byte again

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:17:45AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have the choice between:
>
> 2/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte directory
>    usr/share/doc/<pkg> link to the above

You told me that this will cause problem when you had a native code
package installed and will replace it by a bytecode version of the same
package, right ? Unless we use the trick you posted for every bytecode
package there is (and native code package also).

If there trully is a problem, then this is way to heavy.

> 3/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte directory only

This is what i did right now, It works without problem, but may come as
a surprise for people installing the program on arches not supporting it
and wondering where the documentation went.

> 1/ /usr/share/doc/<pkg> directory
>    usr/share/doc/<pkg>-byte link to the above

I would go for this one.