Re: Accepted lablgtk 1.2.5-6+20021031 (i386 source)

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 05:47:15PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>

> >>   The versioning looks strange. I would have made it a new
> >>   upstream version, rather than a new debian version, like :
> >>   1.2.5+20021031-1.
> >
> > Well, yes, but the patch was small, and i applied it on my existing
> > debian tree, after checking that it modified no makefile or such. By
> > using such a strange version, i had no need to reupload the upstream
> > tarball, which i thought rather nice.
> >
> > Now, if you disagree i can redo an upload though.
>
>   I didn't know it was a patch, I thought it was a complete release
>   snapshot. Or maybe you made it a patch?

Both the complete release and the patch was available on Jacque's web
site. I downloaded both yesterday, but decided to upload first the fixed
1.2.5 version because it was late. Today, i thought i will first look at
the patch, to see if any build-stuff was changed, and saw it was a
smallish patch, which just added a few functions. So i applied it, and
when editing the changelog, i was first tempted to call it simply
1.2.5-6, but remembered your mail, and changed it to the current
1.2.5-6+2002.10.31