Re: libdir transition.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:36:00AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:13:39AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Could I postpone the decisione until you know if apt handle this issue
> > > correctly?
> >
> > Ok, i will play with it this WE.
>
> Lucky guy, your WE starts on wednesday :-P

Well, i just got a mail in debian-mentors which told me again how to
generate a PAckages file, so i had not to search for it again. i did it
in a  few minutes, no need to do it this WE.

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:32:29AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Could I postpone the decisione until you know if apt handle this issue
> > > correctly?
> >
> > Yes, it works :
>
> Ok, this add much more safety in my opinion.

Yes, i also upgraded the bug report to important, and asked more
question to the dpkg maintainers. Donb't believe i will get much
response though. We may have to do this ourselves.

> I'm not worried about people playing with dpkg 'manually', cause this
> kind of people is probably enough skilled to fix the problem; I was
> worried about people automagically upgrading unstable boxes.
>
> My opinion now is we can go ahead with the libdir transition, now.

Ok, plan is to do it this WE.