Re: Dpkg in Ocaml

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:31:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > Err, what are you speaking about ? both ocaml and coq are in main, and
> > this since i took over maintainership in 98, well, at least since
> > shortly thereafter, don't remember well.  There still was some issues,
> > but they were solved,a and even RMS gave its benediction. So ocaml is
> > today not less free than gcc, so i don't see what you are speaking about.
>
> To be more exact, slink shipped with ocaml 1.05, which was non-free,
> potato shipped with ocaml 2.04 which was in main.

My appologies.

I did a 'dpkg -s ocaml' and it reported it as non-free/devel.  I don't
know why it is reporting that for 3.06.  It doesn't on another machine
that I have.

If I know how to reproduce this, it might be a problem with dpkg.
Should the package move to the new section when a new version comes out?

David Brown