Re: 3.06-8 broken?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:02:30PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Shouxun, did a question about this appear when you installed the package
> > > ?
> >
> > There was a preconfigure error. But when I switched back, it's too late to
> > catch what's that. Does this occur during preconfigure?  I switched to
> > another desktop for a while when it's apt-getting. If so, that's my fault.
>
> So you did not see the debconf question about adding ocaml detecting
> lines to /etc/magic ?
>
> This seems logical with the other reports, i guess the real reason is
> that debian/ocaml.templates did not get copied over with the package.

Could you try running :

# export DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer
# dpkg -i ocaml_3.06-8i_i386.deb

And tell me the output ?

I get :

debconf (developer): frontend started
debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is ocaml
debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/ocaml.postinst configure 3.06-8
debconf (developer): <-- GET ocaml/magic
debconf (developer): --> 0 true

But i guess you will see something else in the two last lines.