Re: 3.06-8 broken?

On Monday 28 October 2002 17:18, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:31:46AM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> > Just tried to upgrade and found ocaml returned error when -configure:
> >
> > ---8<---
> > subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
> > ---8<---
> >
> :(((
>
> Could you send me a log of running debian/postinst as root ?
>
> # debian/postinst &>/tmp/log

It complains about permission. Since it contains Chinese characters,  I'm not
attaching it. I believe that's a problem of setting the file executable,
since "debian/postinst" and "debian/config" are not executable. The error
points to "/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm" line 46 or so and
"/usr/share/perl/5.8.0/IPC/Open3.pm" line 160. I set both executable and
rerun the script. Now the packages are configured.

> Do you have an /etc/magic present ? It is part of the file package.
> Maybe i need to test for its existence.

It's present but empty except a few comment lines.

Best!
shouxun