Re: 3.06-8 broken?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:31:46AM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> Just tried to upgrade and found ocaml returned error when -configure:
>
> ---8<---
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
> ---8<---

:(((

Could you send me a log of running debian/postinst as root ?

# debian/postinst &>/tmp/log

for example.

> I checked the "debian/postinst" script and it seemed to me "db_get
> ocaml/magic", as there is no such file "ocaml/magic", though in debian-source

No problem, ocaml/magic is a debconf template, not a file.

> package there is a file in "/usr/src/ocaml/ocaml-3.06/tools/magic".

Mmm, i didn't know about this one, but i guess it is not the same.

Do you have an /etc/magic present ? It is part of the file package.
Maybe i need to test for its existence.

Thanks for the testing.