Re: proposal: new ocaml dirs schema

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:31:31PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> IMO, there is no need to have ocaml-cvs and ocaml installed at the same
> time.

This is not true, IMO.
For example:
- months ago, before ocaml 3.06, I would like to use ocamldoc which is
  buildable only against the ocaml CVS sources
- days ago, I would like to try the differences between camlp4 of the
  official ocaml distribution and the one maintained away from the ocaml
  CVS tree, this is unbuildable with the current ocaml 3.06, you have to
  use ocaml CVS sources

Packaging snapshot of the ocaml compiler is probably more usefull than
packaging different version of the same :)

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney