Re: proposal: new ocaml dirs schema

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:55:44AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> >> I'm not really in favour of this new scheme. If you want to provide
> >> ocaml cvs snapshots, make them conflict with the ocaml standard.
> >> People who really want the bleeding edge OCaml should know enough of
> >> it to manage problems themselves.
> >
> > But it would be ok with you if we moved the ocamllib directory, would it
> > not ? This would also be friendly for people doing hand install of
> > non-packaged stuff, since ocaml cannot handle two directories anyway.
>
>   I'm OK with moving the ocamllib directory, but not OK with allowing
>   multiple ocaml to be installed on the same system.

Ok, so we will move the directory.

And would it be ok with you to have multiple installations, if it in no
way impact the 'main' ocaml install, nor all the users ?

The plan i had was to have this other ocaml package installable, and
that only people who knew what they where doing could use it. That is
why i don't really like Stefano's symlink stuff.

But then, like i said, we have time to speak about it, and convince us
all that we did choose the right solution.