Re: news from mldonkey debian package?

Sylvain LE GALL <le-gallsy@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Hum, in fact, i proposed my self to packed it ( in the BTS ).
>
> The problem was the closed code :
> mldonkey programmer don't want to distribute the library regarding the
> edonkey protocol.
>
> So without this part of the code it is hard to do.
>
> Antoher point : mldonkey need hacks in the ocaml sources...
>
> I have ( silently ) followed a lot of discussion regarding the closed
> code, the inclusion of the patch in ocaml main source...
>
> I will have a look to see if it is now opened ( but i haven't see any
> announcement ).

Goswin has had a lot of discussions with upstream authors these
last months and he's working on packages already.

But your information are quite outdated.
The edonkey code has been released and the ocaml source is no longer
needed since the purpose of the patch was to load the former piece of
bytecode containing the edonkey protocol.

Goswin told me about a lincensing problem: mldonkey is GPL whereas
the Okey libraries it uses is QPL.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org