Re: Cameleon packages available

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:56:08PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:55:37 +0200
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 01:57:20PM +0200, Georges Mariano wrote:
> > > Well, do you mean that autobuilders are running  sarge ?? (which
> > > may be a "good" explanation of what you said)
> >
> > Sure, this is the case.
>
> oh, I see...
>

> > Anyway the 'users' from the debian point of view are those running
> > stable, but they are not supposed to use a package until it reach
> > the stable release. In other words: user are not supposed to use
> > unstable package and developers are not suppose to develop directly
> > for user, they develop stuff that will be for the users only after
> > it reach the stable release.
>
> Ok, very clear and interesting. Really.
>
> Last week, I tried ocaml-3.06, just a very little time because I
> quickly noticed that hevea and bibtex2html (and maybe others) were
> suddenly broken. So I get back to ocaml3.04.

Erm, i suppose it was a lot more than a week ago, unless you are not
speaking about the same try you told me about some weeks ago.

> Now, I would like to use ocaml-ioxml (i.e the deb package) and AFAIU,
> it's not possible (well, I'm "not supposed" to do so) until sarge
> become stable.
>
> Since I'm rather lost now, can someone explain to me how I can take
> advantage -now- by using OCaml/Debian (from the user p.o.v, of course)
> ?

apt-get -t unstable install ocaml hevea bibtex2html ocaml-ioxml

should do the work, if it does not, please tell us or submit bug
reports.

Alternatively, you can wait a few days that ocaml 3.06 and everything
related to it enters testing, and do the same with testing.

But then, if you insist in running only woody stuff, and complain about
possible upgrades that you don't like, you would have to rebuild
everything. It should work without problems (maybe stefano already has
everything you want in his woody repository.

Just be a bit more positive about this issue, and don't start
complaining just because you don't want to do it the way it will work.