Re: Short description of ocaml programs

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:55:23PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:14:03PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> [...]
> > BTW, Why is ocaml 3.06-6.1 not entering testing. Does anyone know if i
> > just need to wait, or should i ask someone in particular what is
> > happening ?
>
> If I understand it right, this is similar to Perl, i.e. all ocaml
> programs must be marked as valid candidate at
>   http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html

Ok, but then, why does it not appear in :

  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=ocaml

?

Mmm, maybe it could be a good additional feature to have a reverse check
on the excuses or something such.

> If ocaml was moved to testing whereas another OCaml application was
> stuck on unstable due to an RC bug, then the testing version of this
> application would become broken, because it depends on ocaml 3.04
> which does not exist anymore.
>
> The solution is to fix broken packages depending on ocaml.

Yes, the problem is that it is not easily possible to get the list of
all packages which cause problems, so we can work on fixing them.

I did a little grepping in the page you suggested, and came up with the
below list, but i may most assuredly have missed some or even many
packages. We can here distinguish three kind of package we are waiting
for, the one which only need time :

# bibtex2html (1.54-1 to 1.54-3)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: bibtex2html ocaml

# hevea (1.06-1 to 1.06-3)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: hevea ocaml

# hlins (0.38-2 to 0.38-3)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: hlins ocaml

# mlglade (0.6-1 to 0.7-1)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: mlglade ocaml

# ocaml-tools (2002.08.06-1 to 2002.10.04-1)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: ocaml-tools ocaml

# ocamlweb (1.3.1-1 to 1.3.1-3)

    * Maintainer: Ralf Treinen
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * Not considered
    * Depends: ocamlweb ocaml

Could i ask for a freeze on uploads unless ocaml enters testing ?

The ones which are either broken, or out of date on some arches :

# ocamldsort (- to 0.12-1)

    * Maintainer: Dimitri Ara
    * Too young, only 4 of 10 days old
    * ocamldsort (source, alpha, arm, i386, ia64, powerpc, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
    * Not considered

# pxp (1.1.4-2 to 1.1.92-3)

    * Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli
    * Too young, only 5 of 10 days old
    * out of date on sparc: libpxp-ocaml-dev (from 1.1.92-2)
    * Not considered

# libpgsql-ocaml (20010808-1 to 20010808-2)

    * Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli
    * 43 days old (needed 10 days)
    * out of date on alpha: libpgsql-ocaml-dev (from 20010808-1)
    * Not considered
    * Depends: libpgsql-ocaml ocaml

Could the mainainer of these packages just look at what is happening
here ?

And the ones which are candidates for removal :

# configwin (0.9-20020201-3 to 0.9-20020201-4)

    * Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli
    * 44 days old (needed 10 days)
    * Valid candidate
    * Depends: configwin ocaml

# zoggy (0.91-3 to 0.91-4)

    * Maintainer: Stefano Zacchiroli
    * 44 days old (needed 10 days)
    * Valid candidate
    * Depends: zoggy ocaml

Mmm, i don't know, but would it be possible for the asking for the
removal of those two could delay ocaml from entering testing ?