Re: Cameleon packages almost done

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:42:24AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> En réponse à Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:
>

> > > The packages are ready. I'm justing doing some bits of extra testing
> > > before I upload them on a stagging area.
> >
> > Mmm, why not in unstable directly ?
>
> Because configwin needs to be removed from the archive first since
> cameleon provides it.

What as that to do with it ?

I had ocaml providing ocamltk in the archive long before ocamltk was
finally removed. The pool mechanism can handle that, no problem.

Just do a Provides, conflict and replaces configwin, and everything will
be fine. apt-get install configwin will still install configwin in
preference to cameleon though.

And anyway, i imagine configwin is released for stable, so you will have
a hard time removing it from the pool.