Re: priorities between virtual packages ...

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > This is already done, but only for dependencies that are resolved
> > automatically.
>
> Mmm, how do you specify the priorities ?

I think it is based on the priority field. What I don't remember is how it
selects when you have a real package with the same name as the virtual
one.

> Does this mean, that if i call the native package foo, and the
> bytecode package foo-bytecode or something such, and that foo-bytecode
> provides foo, then if i do an apt-get install foo, it will take the real
> package foo in preference over the virtual one, but take the virtual
> package if there is no real native package available ?

Hmm. I am not sure. That is definately a likely outcome though, so it is
probably worth your time to try it.

Jason