Re: Shall we state on naming (again)?

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 05:43:52PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:59:54PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I'd like that we decide together on some package
> >   naming we discuss recently:
> >   - Maxence proposed to rename OCaml-targeted applications
> >   to ocaml-<package> (at least, he proposed that for
> >   cameleon packages): for example, ocaml-zoggy, ocaml-report,
> >   ocaml-dbforge, and so on.
>
> Well, and then we will start the thread about the naming scheme not
> being coherent with the library one, and we should rename all libraries
> as ocaml-<name>-lib and ocaml-<name>-dev ?

  Where did I write this? If you think the question is pointless, then
  don't answer.

> BTW, please don't forget to use correct dependencies with every ocaml
> package that use bytecode code, even if it is standalone code, it should
> depend on ocaml-base-3.06, not some other strange stuff. Especially all

  What is "some other strange stuff"? Why should I make a standalone
  OCaml program depend on ocaml-base although there's no real
  dependency?

> older (well those in woody at least) such package that do not have both
> the ocaml-base (>= 3.04) and ocaml-base (<< 3.05) dependencies are
> _BROKEN_. But then they are in woody, nothing much we can do on this.

  I'm sorry I don't know of them.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>