Re: Cameleon packages almost done

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:01:56PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>> > - create some empty directory containing only the META information
>>
>>  Ugly. In that case it is better just to create META.package1 ...
>>  META.packagen and put them in a directory looked for by findlib
>>  (e.g. /usr/lib/ocaml)
>
> Did we not agree to use a /usr/lib/ocaml/findlib or
> /usr/lib/ocaml/METAS or something such instead ? I would much prefer
> that we did not clutter /usr/lib/ocaml too much.

Yes it would be great. /usr/lib/ocaml/METAS or metas seem better for
me.

BTW if we used this, it should be interesting that every package use
the same directories.

Mmm, yes also the findlib package use the empty directories trick for
the stdlib « package »

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr