Re: purge_ld_conf.pl [Was: Re: the move to stublib]

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:13:10AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
[...]
> > IMO we should discuss 2 after 1, and not before.
>
> 1 is clear, we all agree on it

No it's not clear, at least for me.  See e.g. your questions about
the removal of /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf.  You also did not tell
whether postrm or prerm scripts must be used to remove entries from
/var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf when needed.  The former is currently in use
whereas ocaml_packaging_policy states the latter.

The whole lifecycle of this file must be carefully designed, and when
it is we can see how to implement it, which will then be trivial.

As you said, removing superfluous entries from /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf
is only cosmetics, so I do not understand why you focus on this task
instead of finding the best implementation of ocaml-ldconf usage.

Denis