Re: Hi, packaging mldonkey, rpath + other questions

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:25:10AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Stefano, you don't understand, do you ?

Probably not, I'm assuming that the two packages are interchangable, if
you are talking about mldonkey composed by two complementary package
(one arch:all and one arch:any), never mind.

For the rest of the mail I will assume that the two packages are
interchangable.

> If we split the package, there will be 1 arch: all package with the
> bytecode executable available for all arch, and 1 arch: any package per
> arch supporting the native code compiler, with the native code compiler.
>
> Sure it makes for 1 more package on the native code compiling arches,
> but the bytecode package would be shared by all arches not supporting
> it.

I'm only posing this question: is really needed a native code executable
of mldonkey if we already have a bytecode executable with "Arch: all"?

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney