Re: purge_ld_conf.pl [Was: Re: the move to stublib]

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:59:06AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 10:03:10AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Basically, it goes as follows :
> >
> > We test in dh_ocamlld if the directory list is empty or not.
> >
> >   => if the directory list is not empty, then we keep everything as
> >   before.
> >
> >   => if the directory list is empty, then we don't use a postrm, and
> >   change the postinst so that ocaml-ldconf -plibname-ocaml -R is called.
> >
> > What do you think of it.
>
> It's hacky, but is nice and do the expected job.
> IMO we can go for it.
>
> Regarding changes of dh_ocamlld, I've looked at it and the change is
> trivial, but I've to be sure that debhelper leave untocuhed the last
> arguments (i.e. these that aren't understood as standard debhelper
> option) in ARGV, can you confirm this, Denis?

Well, Denis does not sound convinced, but i am in discution with him
about this.

Should i, in the mean time, upload a package with the other fixes, or do
we have hopes that a compromise will be attained RSN ?

Mmm, i will upload a package which contains the fixed dh_ocamlld now,
since it will stop new libraries to be broken.