Re: purge_ld_conf.pl [Was: Re: the move to stublib]

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:04:17PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Well, you would only make this in currently broken packages, no need for
> future packages. Also, if we have on centralized way of handling this

A precisastion: for package built with dh_ocamlld broken version, since
the broken things was dh_ocamlld, not the packages themselves, in fact

> Also, i don't know, but each library cleaning up behing itself seems the
> more logical thing to do for me.

... this is the reason why a thought about a centralized clean up.

> (ocaml-ldconf and dh_ocamlld) then the effort is not multiplicated that
> much.

Uhm, so we (even I) can add an option (like "-P") to ocaml-ldconf that
purge "spurious" entries in /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf and call it from each
'broken' package. This seems to me a good solution.

Moreover write such a fix tool in ocaml-ldconf is easier because all the
parsing work is already coded.

> the kind. If we could even throw in the version checking stuff, then we
> could even restrict the ocaml-ldconf -R running to the strict miminum.
>
> Let's do the right thing and not a quick hack.

You haven't yet managed to convince me why we can't, once we have a
working fix tool (like the above "ocaml-ldconf -P"), call it from the
ocaml postinst script :)

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney