Re: Ocaml bugs [Was: Re: possible missing dependencies for lablgl and/or lablgtk]

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 05:48:10PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > BTW, I use an approach with pbuilder in combo with a local debian
> > mirror.
>
> Well, but you need high bandwith to maintain the local debian mirror.

Ehm ... yes, mine was a silly observation infact.
Anyway, the bandwith needed is lesser that that needed with a pbuilder
only approact: you can see the local mirror as a cache, and any cache
hit is an avoided package download.
Moreover I don't have a full debian mirror, but a mirror whith only
package needed to build my packages.

> > Just to keep track of current problem and/or whishlist, is ok for you if
> > we submit bug against the ocaml package just to remember what we have to
> > do and what is already done?
>
> If there is a problem, please submit a bug report, with the proper
> priority.

Ok.

> > I'm pretty sure that the ocaml package has still a few old bugs just
> > because we (all) forgot to fix them.
>
> Such as ?

The change I said about ocaml-ldconf (I know, I haven't yet submitted
the patch to the BTS), the move of ocaml sources in /usr/src, upgrade
the ancient manpages for the ocaml tools, fixed for the META files of
lablgtk discussed many times. Probably some other, I have to check it.

Anyway don't worry I will look at all this stuff and submit the related
bug reports, probably Cc-ing this ML.
Using the BTS will grant us a TODO list for free.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney