Re: the move to stublib

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 11:54:31AM +0200, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seem that there is a problem with the move to stublib :
>
> - it seem that at its installation, the ocaml package doesn't run
>   ocaml-ldconf any more, leaving the following ld.conf :
>
> /build/buildd/ocaml-3.06/debian/ocaml/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs
> /build/buildd/ocaml-3.06/debian/ocaml/usr/lib/ocaml

Yes, this is a problem with the dh_ocamlld scripts, which were supposed
to run ocaml-ldconf even with an empty directory list, but Denis patch
did not seem to do the job. This is fixed in 3.06-4 and later, by hand
running ocaml-ldconf in the postinst of ocaml-base.

> - it also seem that several old version of some package have not
>   suppress at upgrade time the path they had add to ld.conf using the
>   ocaml-ldconf utilities. It is at least the case for the following
>   package :
>
>   libpcre-ocaml
>   libshell-ocaml
>   libmlgtk-ocaml
>   liblablgtk-ocaml
>   liblablgl-ocaml
>   libcamlimages-ocaml
>   liblablgtkmathview-ocaml
>
>   and may be ocaml-base.
>
> well, for this last problem, I don't know what we should do (may be
> try to suppress them in following installation ? may be nothing...).

Mmm, yes, i guess this is also a problem with the dh_ocamlld script,
maybe related to the above. I am not a perl guy, so i don't really know
what to do about this.