Re: ocamlopt issue

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:30:45PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:21:37PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > > So we can't have a bytecode versione of ocamlsdl, right?
> >
> >   Not exactly. The configure script requires ocamlopt currently
> >   and Makefile require both bytecode and opt compilers.
> >   I think this could be changed by upstream in the future.
>
> In this case: have you tried to change the configure script in the
> debian version so that we can have ocamlsdl also on arch that don't have
> a native code compiler ...

  No, I didn't because it is simply bad practice. We, debian packagers,
  must avoid to change configure scripts as much as possible.
  The upstream is not even meant to ship tarballs with configure.in
  within. Furthermore, Makefile have to be adapted in order to take
  this option into consideration.

  I'll talk to upstream about this.

  Regards,

--