Re: Versioning OCaml in Debian [Was: Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf]

> I don't know, i personnally don't use findlib, and i guess there may be
> problems with package where upstream don't use findlib.

 It depends on what you mean by "use findlib".
 IMHO the important requirement is that it _can_be_used_ with findlib,
 i.e. that it provides a META file (usually it is just 1m to write one).
 If you mean _that_use_findlib_to_compile_itself_ than there are problems,
 but we probably don't need such a strong requirement. Neverthless, when
 a packager is messing with a package installation, it may be easier to
 just use findlib for that (it was for me with some third party packages).
 The real beauty of findlib is that the two aspects are completely
 orthogonal.

 					Cheers,
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot