Re: [OT] security infrastructure (was Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf)

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:06:37AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 10:34:26PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > Sven Luther <luther@lambda.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> >

> > > That said, i find that all this woody release stuff is a mess, and would
> > > benefit from some more transparency.
> >
> >   See the ongoing discussion on debian-qa. I'm amazed.
> >   Enough said.
>
> Indeed.  For my information, what is `the security infrastructure'

Ithink it is related to the fact that the security team will nto be able
to make security releases for all arches that woody will support (there
are 12 of them i think), so they need some kind of infrastructure to
autbouild them on each arch.

Basically what this means is that woody is ready (barring other things i
am not aware of), but we are delaying the release until we have means of
assuring the after-sale service that is done by the security team.