Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:38:05PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:47:20PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> >  What I found very annoying of Sven solution is that if you
> >  install a package by hand (Bad Thing TM),
> >  the next time you install an ocaml debian package the entry
> >  for the hand-installed one disappears. This means that you
> >  have to learn ocaml-ldconf to understand what is happening...
> [...]
>
> Maybe warning should be stronger ;o)
>    #  WARNING: THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED, DO NOT EDIT
>    #           OR YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST
>
> Denis

This would not change anything, since as i understood from sergio's
reply, he didn't even bother (err too strong wording perhaps, i don't
mean it wrong) changing the ld.conf by hand, but had the libraries
Makefile do it.

Maybe i should change ocaml-ldconf to change the permission of the file
to read only when not editing it, in this way, installation would fail,
and people would look at the said ld.conf and see the warning.

Another solution would be to patch ocaml to use
/usr/lib/ocaml/debian_ld.conf or something such, and have
/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf being a symlink to /etc/ocaml/ld.conf. (and
change the later format to have a empty command mean addafter or
something such).