Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 11:16:04AM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> > or are you telling me you did read neither of those,
> > nor the discution we had here about it previously, nor even the comment
> > on top of the /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf file ?
>
>  Coold down.

No problem, i was just being a little provocative, that's all.

>  Speacking for myself and not for him, I read the documentation but I
>  usually don't read/understand every makefile of every non-debian
>  package I am testing. I just type make install and if it works it is
>  over. But after a week it stops working and I have to figure out why.

Ok, yes, i understand.

But anyway, each library out there seems to have its own opinion on
where things should go.

>  And it is not so obvious that the reason is that a debian-ocaml package
>  has been installed, changing the /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf file that
>  was mistakenly changed one week before.

Well, the problem is that i couldn't touch to the format of the
/usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf file, so we did this 3 file trick.

Ideally, we would have only one file, and have the ocaml-ldconf tool
modify it, but this would need patching the ocaml base quite some, which
we couldn't do.

Apart from the fact that /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf is not the right place
for a file like that, or so says policy.