Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

> or are you telling me you did read neither of those,
> nor the discution we had here about it previously, nor even the comment
> on top of the /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf file ?

 Coold down.

 Speacking for myself and not for him, I read the documentation but I
 usually don't read/understand every makefile of every non-debian
 package I am testing. I just type make install and if it works it is
 over. But after a week it stops working and I have to figure out why.
 And it is not so obvious that the reason is that a debian-ocaml package
 has been installed, changing the /usr/lib/ocaml/ld.conf file that
 was mistakenly changed one week before.

> > Perhaps findlib could add entries to a new /etc/ocaml/findlib-ld.conf
> > file that ocaml-ldconf reads when creating /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf.
>
> Why not the simple /etc/ocaml/ld.conf ?

 I agree.

					Friendly,
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot