Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

Sven Luther <luther@lambda.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> BTW, Xavier don't likes ocaml-ldconf :(((
>
> What do you all thing about it ?

I basically buy Xavier's argument.  I had quite a bit of problems with
ocaml not finding .so files, etc. and had to go learn how ocaml-ldconf
worked.  :-)

I have the impression that findlib + ld.conf integration could be
better.  I'd like something installed with findlib to "just work"
without having to manually tweak /etc/ocaml/ld.conf.

Also, findlib seems to like to putting things in /usr/lib/ocaml
instead of /usr/local/lib/ocaml.  It seems like things I install
myself should go in /usr/local.

--
Don't send mail to Marilyn.Ferguson@hole.lickey.com
The address is there for spammers to harvest.