Re: Buglet in ocaml-ldconf

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:06:31PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:

> > >   RC bugs in base and standard in woody.
> >
> > But zhere the plan not to let the not base and standard stuff evolve
> > until all RC bugs in base and standard are fixed, and then freeze base
> > and standard, and have a little while for fixing remaining RC stuff in
> > non base and standard ?
>
>   I don't really know what's happening and I neither succeed in getting
>   info about this from the release manager who BTW doesn't bother answering
>   personal enquiries, but I'm repeating myself ...
>
>   Base and Standard are meant to be frozen since last december, however
>   they seem to contain security flows.
>   It seems also that it is possible to upload packages to
>   woody-proposed-updates but I don't know what are the criteria for the
>   packages to be included in woody.

Yes, thought so, ...

Anyway, my personal opinion on this , is that as the release manager did
say, woody is closed since april 30, and i am awaiting the woody release
impatiently. Anyway, i have much more urgent things to do than wortk on
debian package right now, so this suite me well :)))

That said, if a very important or security related bug does appear, i
will naturally fix it an bug the RM to have it included in woody. This
not seeming to be the case right now, i am taking a little break from
maintenance, and do some real life work instead.

That said, i find that all this woody release stuff is a mess, and would
benefit from some more transparency.

That said, let's hope woody + 1 fares better than that and that we will
learn from the experience.

BTW, Xavier don't likes ocaml-ldconf :(((

What do you all thing about it ?