Re: NMu for ocaml -12 ???

Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 03:54:19PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>>   IMHO, testing is not ready for production since there is nothing
>>   in to handle releases consistently.
>
> Hope things will work out well for our reputation.

  I'm not even sure about whether things will upgrade well. In the
  past, we used to have test cycles aimed at testing a release
  upgrade in its whole.

>>   Freezing the old way would have been far more efficient.
>>   But well ...
>
> But it delays lot the release (it was almost 4 month freeze last time, but i
> think they should have waited at least for the packages to go into testing.)

  I think that nowdays we have enough manpower allowing us to reduce a
  freeze period. Packages from base and standard are much more outdated
  that what they would have been with the old way of releasing.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org