Re: NMu for ocaml -12 ???

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 03:54:19PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 03:20:22PM +0200, Sven wrote:
>
> > I discussed a bit with anthony, and this woody release process is really,
> > really a strange thing. i don't really understand how things are going to work
> > out, and what will be moved from sid to woody, and i just hope that there will
> > not result catastrophic things about that.
>
>   It is not only strange, it is a complete mess and confusion.
>   You're quite lucky ; not everyone get replies from the release
>   manager.

Yes, altough it was not a really usefull answer, nothing about the sid ->
woody -> release delay.

>   As long as you let people upload new versions of packages, there
>   is always a risk to break woody with new RC bugs.

It is up to the responsaibkuty of the managers. I personnaly decided to
'freeze' my packages,  And backport fixes instead of using the new cvs version
(of advi for example)

>   IMHO, testing is not ready for production since there is nothing
>   in to handle releases consistently.

Hope things will work out well for our reputation.

>   Freezing the old way would have been far more efficient.
>   But well ...

But it delays lot the release (it was almost 4 month freeze last time, but i
think they should have waited at least for the packages to go into testing.)