Re: ocaml-source sources location

Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 04:28:53PM +0200, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> > Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> >

> > > Mmm, i guess that shiping the config/Makefile file should be
> > > enough ? I just need to enable its inclusion i think, (that is add
> > > it to the debian/ocaml-source.files file).
> > >
> > > That said, utils/config.ml could also be nice to include (actually
> > > only utils/config.mli and utils/config.mlp are included).
> >
> > Yes I believe that this is the two file that can be useful.
> >
> > It's seem that configure generate 3 file :
> >
> > config/Makefile
> > config/m.h
> > config/s.h
> >
> > so this is the file we need (config.ml can be automatically generate if
> > those file exist)
> >
> > > Err, because i do :
> > >
> > >         # And finally the ocaml-source package.
> > >         for i in `cat debian/ocaml-source.files`; do                    \
> > >                 install -m 644 -D $$i                                   \
> > >                         debian/ocaml-source/usr/lib/ocaml/source/$$i;   \
> > >         done
> > >
> > > For installing them.
> > >
> > > If needed i would need a special case for the script, or simply drop the -m
> > > 644 option ?
> >
> > The possibility to execute the script is needed to rebuild
> > camlp4. I don't know which of the two solution are the best, be we
> > need one or the other
>
> Huh ? what for do you need to rebuild camlp4 ?

in fact I've done some test, and the problem is that make world
rebuild camlp4... So if one want to rebuild some part of the compiler
to link with it (say the typing system) he have to find in the
Makefile the precise goal which is needed, and it is not really simple
(and this can change in future ocaml release).

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr