Re: Any CAML people want to take over efuns?

Please note the cc to debian-ocaml-maint

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:51:13PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> Brent Fulgham put efuns up for adoption over a year ago.  It's got 3
> release critical bugs open against it.  I considered adopting it, but
> as I don't know CAML and don't like emacs, it would be a bad choice.
> Please, could someone who knows CAML adopt this package and look it over?
>
> Otherwise, let's purge it from the archive.  It doesn't even build any
> more on x86:
>
> /usr/bin/ocamlc -I ../ocamlsrc/version/include  -c options.ml
> File "options.ml", line 113, characters 4-6:
> Syntax error
> make[2]: *** [options.cmo] Error 2

This has been discussed at several occassions on the debian-ocaml-maint
ML. AFAICS there has been no definitive solution. Personally, I don't
see a point in maintaining an emacs clone written on ocaml. However,
I remember someone pointing out that there is a nice windowmanger
built from the same source.

The question goes to the debian-ocaml-maint List. Does anyone care
enough about the package to maintain it? I don't.

-Ralf.