Re: lablgtkmathview, netstring, xstr, netclient, pxp, meta-ocaml

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:10:46PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>

> > Ok, lets go with your solution then ...
> >
> > BTW, but it would make more sense to name the package ocaml-dev-lib or
> > something such also, ... well, maybe ocaml-dev-kit, or somthing
> > such, or maybe even ocaml-cdk :)))
>
> nope, there is still things that are in the cdk and not in debian. By
> the way I've look for an non cdk distribution of the cdk Extra Library
> and found none, and it seem a pain to make one. I don't have the time
> now.

Altough it would be confusing, i don't think they have the monopoly on the
name caml development kit, especially since it is not an official thing.

That said, ocaml-dev-kit would be fine.

Finally, i think we will never be able to match the cdk fully, because, if i
am right, they patch the ocaml package, which is a thing i don't wish to do to
heavily. (And Xavier discouraged me to do so anyway.)