Re: lablgtkmathview, netstring, xstr, netclient, pxp, meta-ocaml

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:05:33PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> Where will you put the package like libcamlimages-ocaml ?

Nowhere.
I think that the metapackages are usefule for who wants to perform a
task, e.g. developing in objective caml for beginner or install all
ocaml libraries being able to develop offline.

So I not put anywhere the runtime because I think that a user may not
want to install the runtimes only for having it, but because something
else need them.

libcamlimages-ocaml by itself is useless, it exists only because
something else need it and that thing does not need all other camlimages
stuff needed by developers.
OTOH libcamlimages-ocaml-dev by itself (obviously if you have an ocaml
compiler :) is usefull becayse it let you develop a nice image
conversion program.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney