Re: lablgtkmathview, netstring, xstr, netclient, pxp, meta-ocaml

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 04:57:27PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 04:21:26PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > > ocaml-libs depends on:
> > >   libcamlimages-ocaml-dev, libcamlimages-ocaml-doc,
> > >   libconfigwin-ocaml-dev, liblablgl-ocaml-dev,
> > >   liblablgtkmathview-ocaml-dev, liblablgtk-ocaml-dev,
> > >   libmlgtk-ocaml-dev, libmlminidom-ocaml-dev, libnetclient-ocaml-dev,
> > >   libnetstring-ocaml-dev, libpxp-ocaml-dev, libshell-ocaml-dev,
> > >   libxlib-ocaml, libxstr-ocaml-dev, libzip-ocaml-dev, ocamltk, zoggy
> >
> > Why not make 2 packages here, one with ocaml library packages and one with
> > ocaml developpment stuff ?
>
> Not sure, because zoggy is the only package that I will put in the ocaml
> developer stuff.
> Really the right place for zoggy have to be ocaml-core, which also
> contains things like ocaml-tools, but zoggy depends on lablgtk so I
> prefered to leave it in ocaml-libs.

Erm, ...

Where will you put the package like libcamlimages-ocaml ?

They are not in ocaml-core, nor are they in ocaml-libs, altough they will be
pulled in by this last one.

What i think, is that we need a ocaml-libs, which pulls in all the runtime
needed stuff (the libxxx-ocaml packages) and a ocaml-devlibs, which is as the
ocaml-libs you previously described, and which will contain all the
libxxx-ocaml-dev packages as well as some others (zoogy, ocamltk, ...)