Re: /usr/include/caml && /usr/include/ocaml

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:50:35PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> That said, the ocaml package includes :
>
> ./usr/include/caml -> ocaml

This cause problems with camlidl. Currently camlidl contains
/usr/include/caml/camlidlruntime.h but currently does not "depends" on
ocaml package but only recommends it, this is because camlidl may be
used even without ocaml to generate stubs IIRC.

So if camlidl is installed before ocaml, /usr/include/caml will be
created by the installation of camlidl, next ocaml package try to make
/usr/include/caml a symlink at obviously it fails.

So, IMO, is better to have /usr/include/caml the "real" directory and
/usr/include/ocaml the symlink.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney