Re: could you safely rewrite the DFSG requirement?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:34:15AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > But, i will make a proposal for the DFSG to be ammended so as to remove the
> > aggregation clause, or at least clearly state that we consider a null or
> > almost null aggregation ok.
>
> It would have to be the other way around; to state that even trivial
> aggregations MUST be allowed by the license.  Nitpicking a license, only
> to leave ourselves unable to distribute part of our own 'approved'
> archive, is no win. :)
>
> But I definitely agree with you that some action needs to be taken on
> the documentation-as-software question.

Thanks for your comment, after having reread it i understand that now.

The best wording would somewhat of the kind :

can be distributed ... either as an aggregation or standalone ...

Or something such.

This does not solve the documentation (and printed books) as software problem
though.