Re: ocaml 3.04 in testing?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:37:03PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >   almost all of my packages are now in sync and are reported as "valid
> > candidate" to enter testing in update_excuses.html.
> > Anyway almost all of my packages haven't yet entered testing, as can be
> > noticed looking at a Packages.gz of a testing distribution, because
> > currently ocaml 3.04 is not in testing!
> > ocaml-doc 3.04 entered testing but ocaml 3.04 not, do you know why
> > Sven?
>
> I believe this can come from :
>
>   camlzip: Depends: ocaml (< 3.03) but 3.04-4 is to be installed
>   mlgtk: Depends: ocaml (< 3.03) but 3.04-4 is to be installed
>   ocaml-libs: Depends: camlzip but it is not going to be installed
>   ocamltk: Depends: ocaml (<< 3.03) but 3.04-4 is to be installed

Arg, ...

I think camlzip can be fixed easily, either from the below patch, or from a
new upstream release, i will look into it.

About mlgtk and ocamltk, they need to be rebuilt, but ...

Do we need them still, should we abandon them ?

mlgtk was upstream maintained by me, pascal coq and david monniaux. None of us
is working on it still, and i don't believe there is any installed user base
anymore, since most people would like to use lablgtk, which altough more
difficult to use (in my opinion), is more complete and actively maintained. I
don't know about this one, i need feedback, especially if someone is still
using it.

the ocamltk is different, it is still maintained by Pierre Weis and Jun
Furuse, and there are still people using it, so i guess we cannot remove it.

Anyway, i had planned, once i was satisfied with the ocaml package, to redo
lablgl and lablgtk, and after that to look at all my remaining packages.