Re: ocaml 3.04 in testing?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:50:27AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Hi all,
>   almost all of my packages are now in sync and are reported as "valid
> candidate" to enter testing in update_excuses.html.
> Anyway almost all of my packages haven't yet entered testing, as can be
> noticed looking at a Packages.gz of a testing distribution, because
> currently ocaml 3.04 is not in testing!
> ocaml-doc 3.04 entered testing but ocaml 3.04 not, do you know why Sven?

Because ocaml 3.04-5 was not in unstable for a long enough time, ....

Mmm, just checked, ocaml 3.04-5 is not even in unstable as of now, i don't
know why this happened, but anyway, i have 3.04-6 ready, but from experience,
i guess it would need at least one more iteration for it to work. Just need to
finish its compilation.

Anyway, ocaml 3.04-6 finally implement the new ld.conf handling scheme, so you
will have to at least rebuild all your library program for it to register the
documentation properly. (but then, it only means adding something like the
following to the debian/rules file (example for ocaml-base) :

dh_ocamlld -pocaml-base /usr/lib/ocaml/ /usr/lib/ocaml/labltk

> I also looked at update_excuses.html for ocaml, but here it's reported
> as valid candidate so I can't understand why it currently isn't in
> testing.

I also don't understand, but anyway, we will have to wait at least 2 more
weeks for ocaml 3.04-6 going into testing, after it has been rebuilt for all
arches. If there is no major problem with it, i will wait until 3.04-6 enters
testing for future changes.

BTW, i am getting rather too few time, and may consider orphaning the
ocaml-doc package, in order to concentrate on the ocaml package and the
libraries i maintain.