Re: after a long thread and a clarification with O'Reilly ...

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 09:15:47AM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> >   However, they have to make the note publicaly available before the
> >   package is put together, because one must be able to check the license
> >   conditions without having to download the package. Where/when do they
> >   intend to make the note available?
>
> I don't know about that.  We've had lots of packages for which license
> clarification was added to the debian/copyright files.

  I recently proposed to sponsor someone. He had written in the
  copyright file of his package that the license was GPL but I couldn't
  find any copyright notice in both the upstream tarball and the
  website. I simply refused to upload any package until I got the
  copyright notice within the upstream tarball.

--
Jérôme Marant