Re: new ocaml (3.04-2) packages vailable for testing

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 02:52:06PM +0100, georges mariano wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:31:14 +0100
> Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:
>
> > Ok, this is a reasonable suggestion ...
> >
> > There should not be any major dependency problems, i think.
>
> Yes, but since I have installed ocaml-3.04, lots of
> Ocaml/Debian packages do not (automatically) compile anymore :-(
>
> (findlib, pxp, and so on...)

Sure, you have to wait for the 3.04 compatible packages. upstream did release
them this weekend i think.

> they usually abort with something like
> "The compiled interfaces bidule.cmi
> and foo.cmi
> make inconsistent assumptions over interface Foo"

Normal, the libraries of the ocaml package did change, most programs need to
be rebuilt with it. (maybe the interface did not change, but the magic number
idetnifying it or something such).