Re: ocaml 3.04 packaging issues ...

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:17:59PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > ok, but on the average I think that none want to do only bytecode
> > developmente if they can do both development, anyway this is just a
> > personal opinion.
>
> Well, it would be nice to split away the stub libraries into a separate
> package, so people could install them and run dynamically linked bytecode
> executables.

Yes, like the standard shared libraries.
Anyway, I haven't yet looked at the ocaml dynaminc linking stuff and I
don't know if stubs are created during the library compilation process
or not.
Currently libraries that I package aren't distributed with stubs.

Have I to wait the upstream support for dynlink or this feature works
for free from ocaml 3.04?

TIA,

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro