Re: ocaml 3.04 is released today :)))

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:44:19PM +0100, Sven wrote:
>   o i will finally grant ralf's wish and separate the runtime stuff into a
>     separate package named ocaml-base (after perl-base and other such).

maybe ocaml-runtime is a better name?
We have the meta-package ocaml-core and the two names will be IMO very
similar.

> If anyone has any remarks or past experience with 3.03, please speak now (or
> remain silent ...)

Please move the documentation to /usr/share/doc/ocaml/ instead of
/usr/share/doc/ocaml-doc/.
I don't know if there is a policy statement but usually the *-doc
packages install the docs in the /share/doc/ dir of the main package.
Moreover accessing the documentation from the main package directories
is more intuitive because a user may not know if there exists a *-doc
package.

Apart from this, as soon you have also a preliminary version of the
.deb, mail us the url where we can find it so that we can rebuild the
ocaml libraries packages ASAP.

Tnx.

Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro