Re: Task packages created!

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 10:54:02AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 10:19:39AM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > But Joey hess thinks ocaml is not wide spread enough for inclusion in tasksel
> >
> > Should i argue on this ?
>
> I doubt ... as stated tasksel is aimed to a novice debian user.
> I think we (the ocamlers) are the 0.001% of all debian users, so our
> only chance is that Joey become (in few hours) an ocamler :-)

Well, but there are python and tcl language packs, so why not ocaml ?

> Your argument about "no functional programming language" in task is a
> good start, but nothing more ...

Sure, i don't wanted to insist too much, anyway, it will be toot late for
woody now.

That said, i was thinking about starting a tasksel frontend gui project, and
ater extend it to handle apt also. This could be done in mere hours in ocaml,
i think, especially if zoggi is upto the interface stuff.